AGE GROUP CHANGES
• Age groups: The date on which Little Athletics will determine its age groups, will move from 30 September to 31 December. This change will take effect in season 2018/2019.
• Who’s affected: athletes born during the period 1 October to 31 December will progress up an additional age group (i.e. two age groups) heading into the 2018/2019 season.
• U17 age group: Centre, Zone, Region and State levels of competition will still be offered for affected athletes who would have been in their second year of U17 in 2018/2019 (i.e. athletes born between 1 October 2001 and 31 December 2001, will still be eligible to register in the U17 age group for the coming season). This provision will only apply for the 2018/2019 season.
• Tiny Tots: Children who are 3 or 4 years of age will participate in the Tiny Tots age group. Children who are only 2 years of age as at 1 October but turn 3 years of age between 1 October and 31 December, will not be eligible to register until their third birthday.
• ALAC (Australian Little Athletics Championships): eligibility criteria for the Australian Little Athletics Championships (ALAC) have been adjusted to include athletes affected by the age group change.
• Trans Tasman Tour and Challenge: competition rules and selection policies have been adjusted to include athletes affected by the age group change.
• National U15 Camp: eligibility criteria have been reviewed and adjusted to include athletes affected by the age group change.
• Records: no new records will be established as a result of the change in age groups
If you require further in depth information you can locate it by downloading the LANSW Age Group Information Handbook